GDP, jobs, prices, retail, and e-commerce sales are tracked as key measures of the economy in this data dashboard — and updated as reported by government sources.
More specifically, the breakouts by measure include:
- GDP: Consumer spending, investment, government spending, exports and imports are updated as new quarterly data becomes available, usually at the end of January, April, July, and October.
- Jobs: Goods vs. service industries and government jobs are updated monthly, usually the first Friday of the month.
- Prices: The broad sectors of consumer price categories as well as detail by food and goods categories are updated monthly, usually the second week of the month.
- Retail: Topline growth is broken out between e-commerce and in-store sales on a monthly basis—with monthly e-commerce sales estimates based on quarterly e-commerce data.
- E-commerce: Integrates monthly, quarterly, and annual (eStats) data to provide breakouts by product categories, primarily at an annual level.
The data visualizations are generated from a dataset in Power BI merged from distinct sources, including the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bureau of Census.